Marong Primary School was established in 1859 to serve the prosperous gold mining population and the present school remains on the original site. The school is well served by excellent town facilities. The local hall, swimming pool, recreation reserve, golf course and tennis courts are located within a short walking distance. The school has a current enrolment of 149 students.
The school works closely with neighbouring schools in order to participate in special activities, including sport within the Loddon/Calder Cluster, camps, excursions, and cultural experiences. This enables the children to establish wider friendship groups and eases the transition to secondary schools.
The school enjoys a proactive relationship with the local community and receives strong support for the many extra curricula activities on offer such as After School Care, Camps, Concerts, Fairs and Excursions.
In 2012 the school moved into new buildings and the Marong Pre School is located within the school boundary. The establishment of the Early Learning Centre enables the strengthening of the transitional links between the two facilities . The Early Learning Centre in conjunction with the Primary School, offers innovative educational opportunities for students within contemporary buildings.
With strong residential growth underway in Marong, the future is bright for Marong Primary School.